Q. No.1 What is the importance of Human Resource Development?
Answer: Human Resource Development is important because it is an investment in one’s employees that will ultimately result in a stronger and more effective workforce when an organization develops their employees, they are strengthening their assets and making these employees even more valuable.
Q. No. 2 What is the importance of labour force?
Answer: Employers demand Labour because workers are an important part of the production process. Workers use tools and equipment to turn inputs into output. Without workers, employers could not produce goods and services and earn profits.
Q. No. 3 What are specific trainings to the workers, employers and trade unionists of the public and private sector organizations this department is providing?
Answer: Directorate of Workers Education (DWE), an attached department of Ministry of Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development is a unique department providing specific education /training to the workers, employers and trade union leaders of public and private sector organization on different topics i.e. labour laws, occupational safety and health at workplace, trade unionism, child labour, bonded labour, conflict management, professional ethics etc.
Q. No.4 What are the functions of DWE?
Answer: Functions of DWE are as under: -
- Training of Trade Unions, Workers and Employers at DWE’ premises and plant level (factories, industries, workplace etc.) regarding their responsibilities, rights & obligations as workers & employers of Commercial as well as Industrial Establishments.
- Imparting knowledge among the Workers and Employers regarding Government Labour Laws / Policies /plans / workers’ welfare schemes for their intelligent participation in social & economic development.
- Imparting Training & Education to Trade Unionists (Labour Leaders) and workers to enable them in settling their issues with the employers amicably for peace, harmony, industrial growth and productivity.
- Computer literacy courses for the employees of public and private sector organizations and their Children.
- English Language courses for the employees of public and private sector organizations and their Children.
Q. No.5. What are the stages of dispute settlement?
Answer: Main stages of dispute settlement process.
- Bilateral negotiations.
- Labour Courts/NIRC etc.
Q. No.6 . Why is Occupational Health and Safety important in the workplace?
Answer: It reduces injury and illness in the workplace. It improves employee productivity. It prevents industrial accidents. It reduces the cost of injury and worker’s compensation.
Q. No.7. What are the benefits of Occupational Health and Safety?
Answer: - Improved health and safety performance.
- Reduction in industrial accidents
- Improve business efficiency.
Q. No.8. What are the welfare schemes, through which industrial workers are benefitting?
Answer: Welfare schemes to workers are: -
- Employees Old Age Benefits
- Labour Colonies
- Free education for industrial workers
- Children marriage grant
- Health Care facility through social security
Q. No.9. Why do we need trade unions?
Answer: Trade Unions protect the rights of the employees.
Q. No.10. What is the collective bargaining?
Answer: Collective bargaining is a process of negotiation between Employers and Trade Union for the betterment of workers and amicable settlements of disputes.