- What is the procedure to follow if a Malaysian employer is not abiding with the provisions of the employment contract?
Ans:- The worker is requested to approach the High Commission with the relevant documents like copy of his (i) passport, (ii) latest visa, (iii) foreign service agreement so that assistance/facilitation may be provided.
The worker may register his/her complaint/grievance against the employer at “Welfare For Workers (WFW)” application. Further details about WFW can be found at https://www.workforworkers.com.my/sapn-portal/index.
- What is the procedure to trace the whereabouts of a missing Pakistani national in Malaysia?
Ans:- The family is requested to approach the High Commission (either on our Hotline number or email address) with the relevant documents like (i) copy of his/her passport along with latest visa, (ii) date of last contact (iii) contact details in Malaysia etc so that assistance/facilitation may be provided in tracing the whereabouts of the missing person.
- What is the procedure to report exploitation by an agent?
Ans:- The complainant worker is requested to approach the High Commission with the relevant documents like copy of his (i) passport, (ii) latest visa, (iii) documentary evidence so that assistance/facilitation may be provided.
- Is there Azad Work Visa in Malaysia or can a Foreigner work in Malaysia on tourist visa?
Ans:- There is no provision of Azad Work Visa or to work on Tourist Visa in Malaysia. It is mandatory for the employee to work only in the company of his employment who has got the work permit/visa issued. Those foreigners who are apprehended in the act of doing employment otherwise by Law enforcement agencies will be liable for prosecution under Immigration Act of Malaysia.
- How to exit Malaysia if a Pakistani national with valid tourist visa has lost his passport?
Ans:- Pakistani nationals who have lost their Passport and have valid visit pass/ tourist visa are required to follow the following procedure:
- Visit High Commission of Pakistan, Kuala Lumpur with the following documents for issuance of Emergency Travel Document:
- An application addressed to High Commission of Malaysia
- 2 passport-sized Picture of the applicant
- Photocopy of First page of Passport
- Any Original identity document like CNIC alongwith photocopy
- Valid airline return ticket
- Original Police Report for Lost Passport alongwith photocopy
- An online appointment with the Immigration Department of Malaysia (Enforcement Division) for issuance of “Special Pass” has to be made at the following website:
- Visit the Immigration Department of Malaysia on day of appointment with the following documents:
- An application addressed to Immigration Department of Malaysia with clearly stating the reasons for issuance of Special Pass
- Printed Picture/Copy of the following pages of Passport
- First Page contacting particulars
- Visa Page with visa
- Page with entry stamp in Malaysia
- Boarding Pass
- Valid airline return ticket
- Original Police Report
- Valid Travel Document (Emergency Travel Document)
(Compound (Fine) will have to be paid to Immigration Department of Malaysia)
- Depart Malaysia using the Emergency Travel Document issued by the High Commission of Pakistan, Airline Ticket and Special Pass issued by the Immigration Department of Malaysia and fulfilling other codal formalities.